BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jack

My darling baby,


It's your first birthday, and you have no idea why we've been acting so crazy all day! You can't figure it out, but you seem to like it anyway :)

You won't remember today because you're only one, but I thought I would tell you about it here so you can read it yourself some day:
The start to your first birthday was exciting because we played with you before daycare, and there were all sorts of new toys in the living room that weren't there before.
Then, we gave you breakfast at home and it was something new and sweet called a cupcake.
When you got to school, everyone sang to you and smiled at you all day.
After nap time, you got ANOTHER sweet cupcake, and all the other babies did too! Everyone was very sticky and very happy.
Then I came to get you, and we came home and you played with Buddy and the new toys while I fixed your very favorite dinner: Mac and Cheese, Broccoli, and Chicken Nuggets.
When you got tired, we played in the tub for a long time, and I made you laugh by squirting you with the raccoon toy.
Once you were all snug and dry, and teeth brushed, and hair combed and all ready for bed, we played your favorite game, "try to get away and then get caught and tickled" until you were so tired you were ready to snuggle without a fight.
The last thing we did on this very special day was rock and sing in the rocking chair until you were sleeping. You were so sweet, and so very precious to me that I held you for much longer than you needed me to, and I smiled and smiled at my sweet baby that's somehow turned into a big boy when I wasn't looking.

Then I tucked you in, and tiptoed out of your room.

Happy birthday, sweetheart.
I love you.
Mama

2 comments:

Hilde said...

You're as good a writer as you are a mama. Jack-Jack will treasure this letter.

Elise said...

OK, totally made me tear up. Love you and that baby!